Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Friction
Why is rolling friction extremely small than sliding friction?
Answer: In rolling friction, the wheel is in contact with the ground on a single point hence the wheel rolls without rupturing the cold welds. This is the reason why the rolling friction is much less than the sliding friction.
- What is Vernier caliper?
- How does force of friction help in walking?
- Why vectors cannot be described by only magnitude?
- Why book placed on table stays there?
- Define physical quantities?
- Define coefficient of friction