Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Friction
Why is rolling friction extremely small than sliding friction?
Answer: In rolling friction, the wheel is in contact with the ground on a single point hence the wheel rolls without rupturing the cold welds. This is the reason why the rolling friction is much less than the sliding friction.
- How does force of friction help in walking?
- How many disciplines physical sciences are divided?
- What is speed time graph of object with constant speed?
- Why does force of friction oppose motion?
- What is Vernier caliper?
- Why passengers fall outward on sharp turn?