Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Friction
Why is rolling friction extremely small than sliding friction?
Answer: In rolling friction, the wheel is in contact with the ground on a single point hence the wheel rolls without rupturing the cold welds. This is the reason why the rolling friction is much less than the sliding friction.
- How physics can be applied?
- Why ball rolling on rough surface stops earlier?
- What is gravitational acceleration?
- Why vectors cannot be described by only magnitude?
- How to express in scientific notation?
- What is zero error?