Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Friction
Why is rolling friction extremely small than sliding friction?
Answer: In rolling friction, the wheel is in contact with the ground on a single point hence the wheel rolls without rupturing the cold welds. This is the reason why the rolling friction is much less than the sliding friction.
- Why does force of friction oppose motion?
- Why passengers fall outward on sharp turn?
- What is meter rule?
- What is difference between mechanical and digital watch?
- On what factors force of friction depends?
- What are scalar quantities?