Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Newton's laws of motion
Why fragile objects are packed inside polyethylene sheets?
Answer: Fragile objects such as glass wares are packed in polyethene sheets and Styrofoam rings because these materials provide large impact time during any mishap. An increase in impact time decreases the rate of change of momentum and hence lessens the impact of force which in turn decreases the damage caused due to accident.
- How LIDAR gun is used to calculate vehicle speed?
- What is force which causes rocket to take off?
- What is difference between mechanical and digital watch?
- What is difference between rest and motion?
- Is vernier caliper is more precise or screw gauge?
- What is gravitational acceleration?