Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Newton's laws of motion
Why fragile objects are packed inside polyethylene sheets?
Answer: Fragile objects such as glass wares are packed in polyethene sheets and Styrofoam rings because these materials provide large impact time during any mishap. An increase in impact time decreases the rate of change of momentum and hence lessens the impact of force which in turn decreases the damage caused due to accident.
- Is vernier caliper is more precise or screw gauge?
- Why recoil of gun is much smaller than velocity?
- What is momentum of an isolated system?
- On what factors force of friction depends?
- What is difference between mass and weight?
- How rest and motion are relative?