Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Newton's laws of motion
Why ball rolling on rough surface stops earlier?
Answer: Friction is an opposing force, i-e it a force which opposes the motion of objects. The ball rolling on a rough surface will stop earlier than the ball rolling on smooth surface because a rough surface will offer more frictional force than the smooth one. Thus rough surface offers more opposition than a smooth surface.
- Why fragile objects are packed inside polyethylene sheets?
- What is pressure and units of pressure?
- Why passengers fall outward on sharp turn?
- What is difference between rest and motion?
- What is acceleration?
- What is force of limiting friction?