Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Newton's laws of motion
Why ball rolling on rough surface stops earlier?
Answer: Friction is an opposing force, i-e it a force which opposes the motion of objects. The ball rolling on a rough surface will stop earlier than the ball rolling on smooth surface because a rough surface will offer more frictional force than the smooth one. Thus rough surface offers more opposition than a smooth surface.
- Why passengers fall outward on sharp turn?
- How rest and motion are relative?
- How to express Hz in MHz?
- How to calculate least count?
- What is scientific notation?
- What is force which causes rocket to take off?