Topic: Dynamics and Equilibrium Subtopic: Newton's laws of motion
Why ball rolling on rough surface stops earlier?
Answer: Friction is an opposing force, i-e it a force which opposes the motion of objects. The ball rolling on a rough surface will stop earlier than the ball rolling on smooth surface because a rough surface will offer more frictional force than the smooth one. Thus rough surface offers more opposition than a smooth surface.
- What is difference between linear and translatory motion?
- What are scalar quantities?
- What is translatory motion?
- Why ball rolling on rough surface stops earlier?
- What is force of limiting friction?
- What is difference between circular and rotatory motion?