Topic: Plant Transport Subtopic: Mineral salts enter the roots
How does water and mineral salts reach xylem vessels?
Answer: Between the xylem vessels and roots there is a huge cluster of cells. When the water and mineral salts enter the roots, they are carried by each cell through different processes. Water is carried by the process of osmosis and mineral salts are carried by the process of diffusion. Then finally water and mineral salts reach the xylem vessels.
- What is another blood protein found in blood?
- What is faulty pacemaker?
- How does rate of transpiration vary?
- From where does roots take up oxygen?
- Whah happens in diarrhea and when it stops?
- How does humidity affect rate of transpiration?