Topic: Plant Transport Subtopic: Mineral salts enter the roots
How does water and mineral salts reach xylem vessels?
Answer: Between the xylem vessels and roots there is a huge cluster of cells. When the water and mineral salts enter the roots, they are carried by each cell through different processes. Water is carried by the process of osmosis and mineral salts are carried by the process of diffusion. Then finally water and mineral salts reach the xylem vessels.
- What happens when blood enters ventricles?
- What causes make asthma worse?
- What makes heart sound like dub?
- What are capillaries?
- How does large trees take up water?
- Why do not plants require huge amount of raw materials?