Topic: Food Energy and Respiration Subtopic: Diseases of the respiratory system
How does tar damage lungs?
Answer: Tar sticks on the alveoli walls making them hard and rough. When a smoker coughs, these walls breakdown reducing the surface area for the absorption of oxygen. Moreover, tar is also responsible for lung cancer.
- When is blood shifted to right hand side?
- What is egestion?
- What gas is present in cigarette?
- How does content diffuse into cells from blood?
- What is treatment of faulty pacemaker?
- What happens if excess lactic acid is produced?